A mixed-media, 3-D free standing structure appropriate for an outdoor space.
This project is to be placed in Riverfront Park in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. Riverfront Park houses the Vogel Schwartz Sculpture Garden filled with over three million dollars of sculpture from world renowned sculpture artists.
The placement of the structure is at the foot of the newly constructed beautiful pedestrian bridge welcoming citizens and visitors into the 33 acres of parkland for outdoor events, leisure activities and a glimpse of Arkansas history. The area of the park selected for the project is a large circle of grass with a backdrop of the Arkansas River. The structure will be visible from all sides. To view site photos, renderings and coordinates click here.
PROJECT TIME LINE
- Proposal Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Notification of Finalists: February 19, 2018
- Proposal Boards Due: 4:00 PM, April 26, 2018
- “A Night in the Garden” Party: April 26, 2018
Three (3) Finalists must attend the April 26th event and will be awarded a $300.00 stipend for travel. Lodging on the nights of April 25 and 26, 2018 will be provided for the Artist by Sculpture at the River Market, Inc..
- Commission Winner Announcement: April 26, 2018
- Sculpture Installation Deadline: April 1, 2019
*PLEASE NOTE ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*